Water Corp Leak Allowance
What is a leak allowance?
If you have a hidden leak and get it repaired by a licensed plumber or waterwise garden irrigator, you may be able to receive an allowance of up to 50% of the estimated water lost. The allowance, however, does not cover the cost for any repair work or services.
A leak allowance will only be considered after you have your plumbing or irrigation repairs completed to the required industry standards.
Leak allowance eligibility
We consider each application on a case-by-case basis. To be eligible for a leak allowance, you must meet the following conditions:
- The leak must be undetectable (not visible).
- Internal pipework needs to be repaired or verified by a currently licensed plumber or for any irrigation repairs, a WaterWise garden irrigator.
- The licensed plumber must hold a current plumbing tradesperson’s licence under the direction and control of a Licensed Plumbing Contractor or contractor’s licence as issued by the Plumbers Licensing Board. For more information, visit commerce.wa.gov.au.
- The plumbing or irrigation repairs must be compliant with government regulations.
- You must be occupying and/or maintaining the property.
A leak allowance won’t be granted for leaks and/or bursts that occur on internal or external taps, internal appliances, fixtures or fittings, including dishwashers, hot water systems, toilet cisterns and valves.
Please note: A WaterWise irrigator is not allowed to repair leaks or install manual isolation or backflow prevention devices on your internal plumbing.
For more information on this allowance, please visit the WaterCorp website.